An honor has been bestowed upon my blog; it has been awarded The Versatile Blogger Award – how cool is that? A graceful young woman, appropriately named Grace Victoria, is the person responsible for showering me with this honor. She has two blogs, and I hope that you will stop by and say hello to her at either this Blog or this one.
It seems so silly to maintain how shy and uncomfortable I am with blogging. It is true though. I put my words, my private thoughts, triumphs, tragedies, my art, my photos, my home and my loved ones out there for the world to know and weigh in on. Because when it comes right down to it, if I am going to be honest here – I want validation. That sounds pretty egotistical, but I think I am only human and I think my desires are not unlike most people.
I’m going to do my best and follow the rules that go with my new honor – no wise cracks from the peanut gallery.
Sharing – I am required to share seven things about myself.
1) My favorite classic art-work is Botticelli’s The Birth of Venus
2) I love the smell of cow manure (reminds me of childhood vacations at my Grandparents)
3) I have a fowl fetish – actually it applies to all birds
4) After reading The Little House on the Prairie books as a child, (showing my age – long before the TV series) I was smitten with the name Charles and wanted to marry a man with that name. The first name of Mr. Wishes is – you guessed it.
5) I dislike discussing politics and religion. I intensely dislike it when people send me jokes/videos and such on these topics.
6) When I die, I want a flip flop, Hawaiian shirt wearing blow out party with all Jimmy Buffett music.
7) My favorite song of all time is Handel’s Messiah hallelujah – bet y’all didn’t see that one coming! Makes me cry every time I hear it.
In keeping with following the rules – I must nominate 7 blogs that I think are worthy of the Versatile Blogger Award.
My selection includes, but there are others that I read and love too, so please don’t feel slighted.
1) An Artsy Chick Dares To Dream – Cindy Deluz Artist, real person, spreader of inspiration and joy.
2) Weisserwatercolors – Lance Weisser – water colorist extraordinaire – good story-teller
3) Tangerine Tabby Designs – Lisa Meyer fellow glass artist, animal lover and Texas Hill Country Girl!
4) A New Creation – Kathleen Conard – I wish we lived closer she could teach me some good art.
5) Things To Tend To – Emily of Portland, Oregon she shares so much yet she remains a mystery. I love her photos and her cats.
6) Thinking Out Loud – Kim Radatz – nationally known artist she makes me think outside the box.
7) Liza Zeni Artist and Illustrator – Liza Zeni – lovely art-work and I take a vacation to her country when she posts about her world. I’d love to visit her native Australia, but don’t know if I could handle that long plane ride.
Hallelujah I did it!
For those of you nominated, and wishing to play along, here are the Rules:
1. In a post on your blog, nominate 7 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
I hope that you will take some time and visit each of these blogs, they make my world happy, and I want to spread the love. Tell them Kim sent you.
Thanks again Grace for your support.
Until next time,
Spring Open House and Sale is May 5, 2012